Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Homemade Cleaning Solutions from REAL SIMPLE

A little treat came by way of mail the other day, the newest edition of REAL SIMPLE. I always love this magazine because it offers down-to-earth prices, as well as many more things: beauty tips; recipes for the week; ways to stay healthy. You cannot go wrong with an issue.

In this current issue, the team decided to make it about cleaning. When I first picked it up, I might have had the same reaction that some of you do: yuck, who wants to clean? But as I dug into the issue, I actually found some useful tips that were too good not to share:

1: white vinegar is good to have in your kitchen for mold, dust, bacteria; it is also good for bathrooms for the same purpose.. Today I bought HEINZ unfiltered white vinegar. It is also good to soak your clothes in, or if you have smelly, workout clothes, leave the vinegar soaked in the stain for 20 minutes.

2:  1 tbl and 1/4 cup of water of hydrogen peroxide is good for disinfecting your kitchen cutting boards and any other problem areas, as well as putting on fresh fruit and soaking it from the grocery store. You can also disinfect your trash cans with it.

3: heel marks and other wall stains can be cured with Baking soda. You can also use it to whiten your teeth. Strawberries also do this for you!

4: If you need to clean brass or copper, put salt on a lemon-half and you can scrub!

5: to clean windows, put 10 drops of lavender lemongrass and 2 ounces of water

the content of this blog post was provided by REAL SIMPLE: APRIL 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment