This post is a follow-up to the great finds helping your wallet. I have known about this website for a while, but haven't posted about it yet. My best friend is always going to events where she works, or for a wedding and I always catch her in amazing dresses with a sizable price tag. I asked her how she could wear so many great dresses and jewelry, and she told me about Rent-the-Runway.
Basically you become a member for the site and you order a 500 dollar dress for 70 dollars with insurance and a three-four day use. They send you the box free with a return label to give back with no hassle or fees attached. Some of the dresses haven't even been worn. This past weekend for her engagement party she wore one and had two extra to share and I ended up wearing an adorable Kate Spade dress out of it. For a small price you can rent these amazing dresses and not have to go out and buy each dress for an event. I see it as an investment because when I was trying to find a dress to wear to her party I found all of my expensive ones just didn't cut it. I wanted new trends and fancy jewelry without the cost of actually buying them.
We are living in a market today where companies are now starting to recognize the value of cheap, used, but classy expenditures like renting your wardrobe. Tom, from Parks and Recreation, had to get it somewhere right? So check out the site and read the fine-print. I was on there this morning and saw so many dresses I wanted to rent, but no events to go to yet. Weddings, reunions, anything: it's worth it, just order.
http://www.renttherunway.com/
oh, and if you feel generous, recommend me, and if you tell your friends about it, have them recommend you. There is a special deal if you do!
kelseymccrorie@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment