I thought because the last post was inspired by the creativity of REAL SIMPLE, I would continue to share some of the great products, and tips I have learned over the past few weeks.
First, let me start with the products:
This past (past) weekend in ATL opened my eyes to the amount of information lost on me about makeup, from my cosmetologist friend. She introduced me to, along with some tips, to the product SMASHBOX http://www.smashbox.com/products/6029/Eyes/Eye-Shadow/index.tmpl
I love, love, love their products. I have only used MAC and Bobbi Brown before, but now I found that the colors and the price of this makeup are too good to be true! I love the lush colors and the long-lasting stay of the makeup. My friend told me that you need to replace makeup anyway at least every couple of months because of the bacteria in the brushes [which need cleaning after every use] So instead of spending a fortune, which I have, I have turned to products like REVLON [target is selling some killer lipsticks right now] for lipsticks and SMASHBOX for their eye makeup. LOREAL also sells great foundation, too!
I haven't found a mascara yet, but apparently you are supposed to hold on to those no longer than a month!
TIP: My friend informed me that you should not pump your mascara up and down, but swirl it around before you apply it from the tube.
TIP: do not rub the bottom of your liner from you eye, use a smudge brush. And don't apply liner to the outside of you lid, it blocks your oil glands.
TIP: stick to two shades lighter or darker than your natural skin tone: for me that is: rose, gold, peach, beige, plum etc. [but for nights out you can always have fun, or other outfits, this is just a natural state]
TIP: make sure to use the right kind of brush! MAC does sell the best brushes!!
Also she told me the best makeup remover is: Neutrogenia Foam cleanser
No comments:
Post a Comment